Thursday, January 28, 2010

Shredding, cute boys and spa days!

Time for another blog! I’m already doing better than last year… It may not be every week, but at least I’m getting more consistent!
So… As usual, I’ll start off with a work story…

After the return rush ended, I was finally able to get our cash office all cleaned out and organized. One of the things I’m over is the cash office, so I need to make sure everything is organized so I can find what I need to, especially when there’s an audit or when corporate contacts me to find something. Also, I need to keep it clean because it helps keep our overage/shortages down.


At the end of the year, I got to shred a bunch of paperwork from last year. I thought I had to keep it and get rid of it at the end of the year, but you always learn stuff! I was able to learn some stuff about my job, and keeping things organized. I wish I could have taken a picture of the office after I finished, but I believe for security, I’m not supposed to take pictures in there. So… Instead, I took a picture of MOST of the bags of shredding I did.




So, now to stuff about me, that may not be completely interesting to you, but it’s all I could think of, and it's not about work!

I’m starting to get big into head bands… My hair is getting LONG, so it’s fun to have something different to do than just a pony tail. Here’s a picture of one of my favorite headbands. It’s surprisingly difficult to take a good picture of your own hair/top of your head.
As promised, here are some pictures of the boys. It was so much fun to get to go and see Russell and Jodee, and of course Calvin and Wesley. They have two, very distinct personalities.
Wesley is much more laid back than Calvin, which isn’t a good thing or a bad thing; it’s just one of those things that make them very different. Calvin loves mush, and Wesley still loves his bottle. When eating mush, Calvin is all business, Wesley likes to play and make a mess of his face.

Here’s a picture of them eating. :o)

Calvin LOVES his plug (his soothie/pacifier/binky, whatever you call it.) Wesley does not… I don’t think I ever even saw him play with the soothie. To make Welsey laugh, you just have to look at him... Calvin loves Peek-a-Boo, and will laugh. Both of their giggles are contagious. You just want to laugh and smile along with them. When Wesley wants attention, he “goes bananas” He shakes his head around. It is SO cute! . I wish I could have gotten a video of it, but it’s hard to capture since he’ll never do it on cue. Both babies love to put anything and everything in their mouths. Wesley loves to move it around on his teeth. Calvin loves to twist his tongue around in his mouth, if you look closely in the pictures, you can see it. They enjoy sitting in their high chairs at the counter, making a mess with cheerios, Gerber puffs, all of that. They also think banging on the counter is fun and it makes them laugh, especially when you join in with them. Here are a couple of my favorite pictures of the boys.












Just after I got back from Arizona, I had the chance for a spa day. For Christmas, a very good friend got me a spa day… Apparently I work too much. I had such an amazing time. I could not have asked for a better gift. It was so nice to sit and relax for a while. I got my very first facial, a fantastic massage, and then a wonderful pedicure. It was so much fun, relaxing, and completely made my day. Here’s a picture of my toes after my pedicure!

Well, I think that’s all for today! It’s my day off, so I should probably do something productive, though let’s be honest, I’ll probably relax and take a nap. :o)

I miss you all, I know who reads this, and I miss you so much. I can’t wait until the next time we get to see each other, hug, smile, and laugh and have a silly time.

Lots of love to you all!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

If only you knew how much your blog posts meant to me. Have to say--LOVE THE HEADBAND!!! I could never pull stuff like that off, so I'm jealous, but it looks so cute on you! And thank you, thank you, thank you for the pictures and descriptions of the boys. They change so fast, it's hard to keep up with them! And whoever bought you a spa day is my new b.f. because you totally deserve it! Love you!!! xoxoxo

Jodee said...

Pretty toes! I am so glad you got some R&R after work and then all the work I heaped on you. The boys love their Auntie and we love you, too!