Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Finally... An update!

Okay... So I'm sure I should post about Mom's graduation party, the family trip to her graduation, the trip to California with the family, going to Ohio to visit Dieter, Brenda and family then go to Emily and Alex's wedding... But, I'm proud that I'm even updating, so I'm just going to stick with a little bit from down here. There's still bunches and bunches of stories and pictures to update from here, but I'm just going to do a quick update and some pictures, then I'll put some more up later.

So, I'm down in Orlando for the summer working at Walt Disney World. I was placed in the Emporium on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom. This is the busiest store in any of the theme parks, and the second busiest store on property- World of Disney is the only store busier, and it's 3 times the size we are.

I love working in the Magic Kingdom. Granted, the hours are less than fantastic most of the time, but it's amazing to be there, to be able to walk outside and see the castle, have parades go by throughout the day and evening (there's the 3 o'clock parade, 3 Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It mini-parades during the day, then 1-2 evening parades, which for the rest of the summer is Disney's Electrical Parade.) You can also hear/see the fireworks at night... All sorts of things throughout the day.

So, since I'm working at Disney, I obviously wear a costume. As far as Disney costumes go, it's really not a bad costume. Here's a description of some of my roommate's costumes... Two of them have khaki shorts and different colored shirts. One roommate wears teal shorts, and a teal and white strip shirt, the last wears black shorts, a blue shirt, yellow suspenders and a hat. Then, here's my costume.

Here's a picture of me and some of my roommates... I'll tell you more about them in the next post. I'm not going to lie, I'm going to head to bed in mjust a minute, but I promised myself I'd get an update posted before I went to bed... I didn't say it had to be a long one! :o)

Me in the blue sticking out does have a story... but I'll tell that next time. :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I wanna hear the blue story! And mom's graduation party story! And your Ohio adventures!! Most posts!!! Miss yoU!