Monday, June 20, 2011

7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

7 weeks

6 theme parks

5 flights

4 Emporium shifts

3 states

2 HUGE suitcases

1 VERY tired girl
I've been gone for 7 weeks. It's nice to be back in my own bed, with my own pillows, and I should be able to stop living out of a suitcase as soon as I unpack. I've missed my family, though I'm really going to miss all of the people that I had to say goodbye to.

Here are some highlights from my trip:


-I visited Hogsmead, ate at 3 Broomsticks, tried Butter Beer, went to Ollivander's wand shop, rode the Forbidden Journey and took about a million pictures.


-Spent 2 fantastic days at Typhoon Lagoon with the wonderful Amanda Babb


-Spent 9 days in Georgia with my Aunt Ramona, Uncle Bob, and cousins Lexy, Matt and Katie

-Saw 2 movies in the theater! (Something Borrowed and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.) This doesn't sound like a big deal, except that the last movie I remember seeing in the theater was Life as We Know it, and Toy Story 3 before that.

-Cuddled up with 2 ducks in Georgia. I bet you didn't know ducks cuddle!





-Had tea at the Grand Floridian with the lovely Holly Hynes

-Got a HUGE self-esteem boost in Georgia!

-Got to meet Rapunzel and Flynn Rider


-Got a miriad of tan lines: everyday = a new outfit = a new tan line

-Met Darth Vader, Chewbacca, 2 Ewoks, Jango Fett, Aurra Sing, Zam Wessell, a Storm Trooper, Luke Skywalker, and C-3PO at Star Wars Weekends. C-3PO was FANTASTIC! He talked and asked questions. He DOES NOT like Jawa's.

-Spent 3 weeks with my 'little' sister, Lisa, her husband, Bryan, & my ADORABLE nephew, Blake!

-Ate at the Sci-Fi Drive-in Diner (mediocre), Friar's Nook (alright), Pizzafari (just don't try and get parmesean cheese for your pizza), Kona Cafe (wonderful as usual), Via Napoli (fantastic!), and the ABC Commissary (where I joined the dark side for the most amazing chocolate & peanut butter cupcake!)

-Rode the Amnityville Boat tour, took on the Hulk & even rode the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit with Jonathan Warren (the Rip Ride Rockit has a minimum AND maximum height!)

-Met Curious George and had to get a picture for my nephew, Cameron

-Spent a girl's day with Holly Hynes and Amanda Babb watching movies, eating pizza, and finishing the night with a midnight run to Walmart for a Subway sandwich

-Got to do a backstage tour of Fantasmic! ... it was a backstage tour, which means no pictures

-Spent a day at Animal Kingdom with Holly and Max... We saw FOLK twice, Finding Nemo: the Musical, Flights of Wonder, Kilimanjaro Safari twice (once with a WONDERFUL driver and once with a less than mediocre driver) and I got to protect Holly from a Dinosaur. (I really should have bought that picture... CLASSIC)

-Did the Great Piggy Bank Adventure, raced around the world with Lightning McQueen then helped Kim Possible save the world at Epcot with Jonathan Warren

-Discovered milk candy, got Kaki-Gori (a snow cone) and watched Miyuki in Japan




-Saw the Bush Man in San Francisco... Mom was VERY jealous.


-Spent the morning at the Walt Disney Family Museum. AMAZING! I got to see everything from Walt Disney's discharge papers from the army to all of his Oscars, including the 7 mini ones for Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs, to a huge miniature replica of Disneyland and so, SO many other things! No cameras allowed inside the museum though, sadly.

-Spent the afternoon at Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf and Ghirardelli Square.


These are just a few of the things from my trip, there's a million more I could add, so if you aren't on here, don't feel bad, I just probably didn't have a picture of us doing it. :)

1 comment:

Em said...

um. holy crap. seriously jealous.