Wednesday, July 22, 2009

No smart titles for me...

Hey folks! So, it's true, I've started a blog. It's also true that I started the blog because of Lisa. Lisa just moved to San Jose, California because she's all grown up and married and moving on with life... And I'm still in Utah. She misses our family, and of course, we miss her. I was trying to think of a good way to help keep her connected and close, while she's still so far away.

I guess I should preface this by saying Lisa and I are especially close, at least from my point of view. I love all of my siblings, of course, but whether it's just because we're so close in age, the two youngest, or what, she and I have become really close. I am going to miss her like mad. Lisa can always make anyone smile. She is one of the most caring people I've ever been able to associate with. I remember one night, I was absolutely heartbroken, and I started talking to Lisa about it. I started crying just out of pure pain and sadness and she was in such pain because I was hurting, that she started crying too. This is most definitely not the only time that's happened, but just one example of how fantastic she is.

Last night, I started thinking of how I was going to start out my blog... So, I thought that since it was a blog that I started because of Lisa, I'd post some different pictures of Lisa and I... Trust me, there are PLENTY, so I just picked some favorites. (sorry for any formatting mistakes... This is all new to me!)




Here's a picture of where it all began... The three girls, Amanda, Hayley, and Lisa. I was the ripe old age of 2 when Lisa was born. She's so cute.




I knew I always loved Pluto! One of my favorite things to do as a family, and a place I have a million and a half memories, is Disneyland. I found bunches and bunches of pictures with different characters at the park... and it's always Lisa and me.
This is Lisa and I at Oma's house in Avon Lake, Ohio. We would go with mom for a couple of weeks every year. We would bum around and shop (So THAT'S where my shopping addiction started?!?) go to the zoo, and just spend time with Oma and Opa. I'm not sure if this tree is Lisa's or mine (each grandchild plants a tree with Oma and Opa) but you can definitely see our personalities. I'm perfectly happy to just smile, and Lisa needs to be a little extra interesting and get the attention. :o)


I'm sure Amanda and Lisa are going to hate me for posting this picture... But this is another favorite thing of mine... Having everyone climb into a big bed, just talk and be silly. So, even though none of us look fantastic in this picture, it's one of my favorites.




Here's another picture of us at Disneyland, in front of the castle. Lisa and I have been extremely lucky. Being the two youngest, we have been able to not only take the trips with the whole family together, but we've also been able to take a lot of trips with just us and the parents. I'm pretty sure this is one such trip.





Just looking at this picture makes me smile. One Sunday, after church we were hanging out in the family room when it started to dump rain outside. This wasn't just the typical Utah rain that kind of sprinkles, it was literally pouring rain. Lisa and I got so excited, we grabbed an umberella and went outside to play. This picture was taken before we ditched the umbrella and started running in the rain and jumping in puddles... I love this picture, and kept it framed with me both times I moved to Florida.





Okay, so one more picture... Lisa brought up our past of clogging... So I had to post a picture of one of our clogging... Recitals? Performances? Either word, this was I'm pretty sure one of the first ones... Lisa's the one in the center back with the white tights. :o)


So I cheated and made my first post mostly pictures. Last night and tonight have been a great walk down memory lane. It was so much fun to look through my oodles and oodles of pictures and decide which pictures I wanted to use. It was fun to think of all of the different things I've done over the years with my family and friends, and especially with my big little sister.



I LOVE YOU LISA!!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Hayley!!! Way to make me cry again! Okay, I realize that making me cry is that difficult of a feat, but I'm pretty sure this tender post would make any little sister cry. You are so sweet and wonderful--thank you so much for posting all of those pictures! That one of us with the umbrella is also one of my favorites, so it's nice to have it digitized. Thank you!! I LOVE YOU!!

Stephanie Pulham said...

I love those pictures and the little stories. Makes me want to call my sister!

Ramona's Recipes said...

Aw, I loved the pictures and wouldn't mind seeing more of them.

Rachel said...

So cute! I especially loved the pictures of you girls when you were little, so cute! Hayley, I'm excited to hear about all of your adventures

Amanda C said...

I don't know what the deal with the picture is when we are in bed. Did I just have surgery or something?? I look awful!! Thanks for the pictures. I am going to miss Lisa like crazy!

Jen said...

great blog, it was fun to see all those pictures. i look forward to more posts.