Friday, August 14, 2009

Am I alone?

So... Last night I had a dream I was getting married. (granted it was to Lance Sweets from Bones, but I guess that's what I get for falling asleep while watching Bones...) I was so happy in my dream, I had finally found my husband. Then, I woke up and was disappointed to realize that I was all alone.
I started to think... Am I really all alone? I'm not. While my close circle of friends is smaller than it once was, everyone in that circle is amazing. I have friends who would do anything for me. Friends who would climb under my feather bed with me, curl up and watch Doogie Howser, MD for hours just to help me escape from the world for a while. A friend who would wake up really early to take a hike so they would have the right light to take a picture of the mountains because they know I miss my mountains back home. Friends who are willing and excited when I ask if I can come crash their place because I want to get away from Utah for a while. Or are willing to take a trip with me to a random place just for fun and to go somewhere new. Friends who know something is wrong when I'm lying to them and saying everything is alright, because sometimes they know me better than I know myself. Friends who call or text me just to say hi.
I'm amazingly lucky because I don't just have friends who care about me, but I also have a family who cares. I have 5 great siblings. While when we were younger, life was more fighting about who gets to control the remote or who has to drive me somewhere because I wasn't old enough to drive myself etc, we are now actually happy to spend time together instead of dreading it. We get excited when we get to plan an event or a time when we can all get together and just be silly. My siblings care about me and my future. They truly want me to be happy and enjoy my life and all that it has to offer. Not only do I have wonderful siblings, but they are all married to incredible people. I don't consider them in-laws, but 5 new siblings that I've gotten as I've gotten older. They care about me just as much as my siblings. I enjoy spending time with them and talking to them. They let me come and visit them, spend time with them, even though having in-laws visit can be stressful and obnoxious. Not only have they shared their lives with me, but they share their fantastic children. I have seven, soon to be eight, cute and loving nieces and nephews. They will always give me hugs or kisses... or say something funny to make me smile and laugh, whether they mean to or not.
I also have incredible parents. My parents are amazing. They are wonderful examples to me of how to live. They are two of the most open, loving, caring, hard working people I've ever met, and I'm not just biased. They take people in, help people out, and never ask or expect anything in return. I hope someday just to be 1/4 as amazing as they are.
Not only do I have a close and amazing immediate family, but I have a loving and caring extended family. I have aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents who love me, no matter what. I get texts and calls all the time from my aunt, just checking in on me and wanting to say hello and that she loves me. I have cousins who I am so close to, that they are more like siblings than cousins.

So, am I alone? Definitely not.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Love this post! I wuv you soooo much and I cannot wait for you to come visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amanda C said...

Love you!