Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I'm back....

Okay, I admit, I’ve done some major slacking when it comes to my blog… In fact, I'm not going to lie, I was even called the worst blogger ever for not updating. I just need to keep in the habit of blogging every week, and not take a break for any reason. So… Here goes my catch up blog!

The happiest, and most recent news is… Tasha had her baby! Tuesday afternoon, we had the kids over playing and Amanda got a call that Tasha was on her way to the hospital. After mostly getting the kids to bed, Mom and Amanda went to the hospital to check on Tasha and seeing how she was doing. Calling Hans to see how things were progressing, they were surprised to find out Tasha had already had the baby! Baby Nathan and Tasha are doing fine. Nathan is a healthy, 9 pound 12 ounce baby. He’s a big baby boy! Unfortunately… I haven’t been able to see him yet.
A couple of days before Nathan was born, I started not feeling well, and by Sunday was full-blown sick. Thankfully, I started antibiotics Monday. It’s only a sinus infection, but it definitely knocked me on my butt. I’m getting better though. :o)

So… back to when I went to Arizona! Russell and Jodee were extremely kind to let me make some last minute plans and come to visit them and the boys for 6 days. It was a fantastic 6 days. Russell and Jodee are ALWAYS fantastic and extremely hospitable whenever I go to visit, and this time was no different, even though they both had a lot less sleep because of the boys, especially Jodee. I had a very relaxing week, talking with Jodee, playing with the boys, helping with feedings... I saw Nacho Libre for the first time at Russell's insistance... (my favorite part being that Russell and Jodee laid on the couch together and were both IMMEDIATELY out for the count. I watched the rest of the movie by myself and let them sleep.) Below is only one of the promised pictures of C & W. Per request, the rest will be posted on Facebook where I can make them a little more private. I love my nephews! I wished they lived closer... They have 2 such distinct personalities. C will DEFINITELY let you know when it's feeding time, and when he is hungry. He's such a good little eater, well, I should say good BIG eater... He started mush while I was there! He was so cute because he couldn't quite figure out how to eat it, but he sure wanted to try! W is definitely all about the chillaxin', once again, up until it comes to feeding time... Though he's the opposite of his brother C, for some reason, he doesn't like to eat. W and I have definitely bonded over his feeding times... With the vacuum on to soothe, he and I would work on getting his bottle all eaten. He started tying, and even beat his brother once or twice! I was so sad to leave them...


The next week was mostly back to work... Though I also got to spend some time with my cousin, Lexy, visiting from Atlanta. It was a lot of fun to hang out around with her in the house... We also got to go spend some time at 7-Peaks Waterpark together. It was a great amount of fun! Lexy and I were both COMPLETELY convinced that we were going to flip at some point on one of the waterslides... We even went on the Boomerang... The Boomerang a 3 story half pipe that Ramona and Kat both broke their butts on. (sorry Ramona and Kat, I had to throw it in there, because that's the whole reason we went on it!) While we were sitting on the edge, waiting to go, I started to ask Lexy, probably pretty loudly, "WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?!?" to which she also responded, nearly as loudly, "I DON'T KNOW!" The little boy behind us told Lexy that it wasn't that scary... I completely disagree with him! I screamed the entire way down, back up, back down, back up, back down, back up, and back down once more... We went within a foot of the top... I had gone skydiving the week before, and I'm not going to lie, I'd MUCH rather skydive again than go on the Boomerang.


Alright, so I know this hasn't been the greatest blog... But I promise to keep updated better!


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Love this post! So great!! Can't wait until we get to meet Nathan!